Friday 31 January 2020

This is Brexit day

Portsmouth, view from the ferry boat (photo taken by me)

I've taken this photo from the ferry boat. I was travelling from Bilbao, Spain, with my car and other belongings. At the time, the only real issue was the weather on the Bay of Biscay. We were caught by a winter storm which made the crossing horrible. Twenty-five hours later, we arrived at Portsmouth, and that was it. Tonight, at 23.00, will be Brexit day. The UK will leave the European Union. I think nobody knows what will be the consequences of this decision, for us and future generations. As I was looking at this photo, I found myself wondering what type of "crossing" we will have in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 best exercises for middle age men

Getting old is never easy. First, you realize you are getting tired faster than the usual, and later you will realize how much longer it ...